Saturday, August 14, 2010

Scrap your Socks Off Design Team Profile


How did you first get interested in paper-craft? I have always loved craft, I tried my hand at scrapbooking quite a long time ago and I just couldn't get the right techniques and colours and nothing ever worked out for me. March 2010. My sister came over from Perth to visit family and we scrapped everyday for a week. 

What is your biggest inspiration when creating a new project? The Photo’s. I love the colours and scenery and I try to involve that into my projects.
What is your favourite tool to use? Why? Craftrobo  “ You are really unlimited to the possibilities of cutting with this machine.
What techniques do you commonly use? Distressing with ink and tools " I'm a huge fan of distressed items. I think a page is not complete without a little tear/ink/paint.
Do you plan your project before construction or do they develop as you work? Most develop whilst I work, I tend to pull out everything i have and pick little bits out here and there and then it usually all comes together and then viola! 
What do you find to be the greatest and most fulfilling about your work? The greatest and most fulfilling thing about my projects is the fact that I can reminisce while I work with photos.
Finally do you have any advice or tips for those who are starting out in paper-craft? I believe very strongly in Tim Holtz™ quote "Embrace imperfections" Most mistakes in craft can easily be fixed. Imperfections with everything can bring a whole new point of view to the project.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Comments are much appreciated. Please note: This is a family friendly blog, if there is any foul language, derogatory comments they will not be approved